Application deadline: March 31, 2019
Are you a skilled bioinformatician? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team to help SNIPR Biome develop new medicines? If yes, you have the opportunity to join SNIPR Biome in the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen.
Our main goal is to engineer microbiomes using CRISPR technology, to treat a number of serious and life-threatening diseases, such as diabetes, infectious diseases and cancer. The working environment is fun, fast-paced, collaborative, and outcome focused.
We are looking for an experienced bioinformatician with fundamental skills in biological data analysis. The ideal candidate must have significant and proven experience (5+ years) handling next-generation sequencing data, working with large datasets and with excellent interpersonal communication skills, fluent in English, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead in genome assembly and annotation from next-generation sequencing platforms
· Lead in structure-function relationship analysis using state-of-the-art tools
· Querying and mining (public) genomic databases
· Proven experience handling next-generation sequencing technologies
· Experience with either TensorFlow, Caffee, Keras, Torch, or similar
· Experience with genome assemblers such as Velvet, SPAdes, and Canu
· Well versed in either Python or Perl
· Experience with version control
· Experience writing helpful documentation and appropriate unit tests
· Experience with bioinformatics tools and working with high-throughput datasets
· Prior experience from a biotech/pharma is an asset, but not a requirement
We value developer community participation. If you have active profiles on GitHub or StackExchange, or any significant open source contributions, please include these details in your CV or cover letter.
What are the benefits?
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and cover letter to Eric van der Helm, email@example.com. Please include job code SNPEH60 in the subject line. We will conduct interviews on a running basis – so, do not hesitate to apply. Application deadline: March 31, 2019.