Application deadline: March 31, 2019
Are you a skilled Lab Technician with experience in molecular biology? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team to help the company develop new medicines? If yes, you have the opportunity to join newly-established SNIPR Biome.
Our main goal is to engineer microbiomes using CRISPR technology, to treat a number of serious and life-threatening diseases, such as diabetes, infectious diseases and cancer. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused.
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician with fundamental skills in molecular biology to assist our lab scientists. The ideal candidate must have significant and proven experience in molecular biology and microbiology, with excellent interpersonal communication skills, fluent in English, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform a variety of standard molecular and cellular biology techniques, including DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, gel electrophoresis and culturing bacteria
· Preparation of reagents, buffers, and cell culture media
· Work closely and report concerns and issues to supervisor
· Accurately record and document experimental methods and results in laboratory notebooks
· Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed and maintain a clean and orderly environment
· Maintain equipment in the lab
· Maintain chemical and lab supplies inventory
· Perform other laboratory tasks as assigned
· Proven experience as Lab Technician and molecular biology knowledge
· Experience in operating laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Competent at working independently
· Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance, including cleaning, stocking supply inventory, and ensuring the maintenance of a sterile environment
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Experience in CRISPR technology and bacteriophage work is considered a plus
What are the benefits?
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including Health Insurance.
If you are interested, please provide your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job code SNP58 in the subject line. Applications will be evaluated as received. Application deadline: March 31, 2019.